Patuone : the peacemaker / written by Alison Condon and Gina Taggart ; illustrated by Tania Hassounia ; produced by Dave Mann.Material type: TextSeries: Condon, Alison, Chronicles of Paki. Series 1 ; ; book 4.Description: 16 pages : colour illustrations ; 30 cmISBN:
- Patuone, Eruera Maihi, 1764?-1872 -- Comic books, strips, etc
- Hāhi Karaitiana
- Missionaries -- New Zealand -- History -- Comic books, strips, etc
- Māori (New Zealand people) -- Religion -- Comic books, strips, etc
- Kōrero paki mā ngā tamariki
- Kōrero taumata
- Kōrero nehe
- New Zealand -- History -- To 1840 -- Comic books, strips, etc
- 993.01 23
|Item type||Current library||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
|Junior Fiction||Hāwera LibraryPlus Children's||Children's Fiction||COND (Browse shelf(Opens below))||Available||i2136716|
Factual information presented in graphic format.
"A Wesleyan mission station in Northland has been raided causing the missionaries to flee for their lives. A Māori war party is moving through the bush towards them bringing a new danger. Chief Patuone has a decision to make -- kill the white people or follow the new message that is coming to Aotearoa"--Back cover.