How I met my son : a story of love that transcends gender / Yolanda Bogert.Material type: TextDescription: 246 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations, colour portraits ; 24 cmISBN:
- 9780987233332 (paperback)
- 0987233335 (paperback)
- Bogert, Kai
- Bogert, Yolanda
- Bogert, Yolanda, -- Family
- Families -- Queensland
- Mothers and sons -- Queensland -- Biography
- Transgender people -- Queensland -- Biography
- Transgender youth -- Queensland -- Biography
- Transgender people -- Family relationships -- Queensland
- Transgender youth -- Family relationships -- Queensland
- Transgenderism -- Queensland
- Transgender children -- Australia -- Biography
- Transgender children -- Family relations
- Parents of transsexuals -- Australia -- Biography
- 306.7680994 23
|Item type||Current library||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
|Non Fiction||Eltham LibraryPlus Non Fiction||Non Fiction||92 BOGE (Browse shelf(Opens below))||Available||i2154372|
Includes bibliographical references.
'The sky didn't fall, and our family didn't fall apart. We just started using different pronouns. Oh, I had to change the name stored in my phone with his number. That was a bit of a pain.' Yolanda Bogert, a mum from regional Queensland, made worldwide news when she placed a notice in a Brisbane newspaper in December 2014. It read: 'A Retraction. In 1995 we announced the arrival of our sprogget, Elizabeth Anne, as a daughter. He informs us that we were mistaken. Oops! Our bad. We would now like to present, our wonderful son - Kai Bogert. Loving you is the easiest thing in the world. Tidy your room.' This is the story of Yolanda and her son Kai. As a teenage mum, Yolanda formed a close-knit bond with her child. Now, together, Yolanda and Kai deal with issues of acceptance, religion and tradition in a heart-warming story of love in transition.
There are no comments on this title.