The stress answer : train your brain to conquer depression and anxiety in 45 days / Frank Lawlis.Momo rauemi: PukapukaKaiwhakaputa: New York : Viking, 2008Whakaahuatanga: xvi, 286 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.ISBN: 9780670019731; 0670019739 .Ngā marau: Depression, Mental -- Popular works | Anxiety -- Popular works | Neuroplasticity | Stress (Psychology)
|Momo tuemi||Tauwāhi onāianei||Kohinga||Tau karanga||Tau tārua||Tūnga||Rā oti||Ngā puringa tuemi|
|Non Fiction||Ōpūnake LibraryPlus Non Fiction||Non Fiction||616.8527 LAWL (Tirotirohia te whatanga)||1||Wātea|
, Wāhi whatanga: Non Fiction , Waehere kohinga: Non Fiction Kati pūtirotiro whatanga
|616.8527 KIR Stand by me : helping your teen through tough times /||616.8527 KIRW Stand by me : helping your teen through tough times /||616.8527 KIRW Stand by me : helping your teen through tough times /||616.8527 LAWL The stress answer : train your brain to conquer depression and anxiety in 45 days /||616.8527 MAR Coping with SAD||616.8527 MUNR No one gives you chocolates /||616.8527 PARK Navigating teenage depression : a guide for parents and professionals /|
Ngā whakaahuatanga whakarei nā Syndetics:
With his bestselling books, his renowned clinic, and his many appearances of the DR. PHIL show, Frank Lawlis has helped millions of people use groundbreaking psychological insights to find peace of mind and improve their lives. Now he turns his attention to the single biggest difficulty that most of us face every day- stress.
In THE STRESS ANSWER, Dr. Lawlis explains the neurological factors that make stress so traumatizing, and he lays out a powerful plan for changing our brains to improve the way we cope when the going gets though. The secret is to take advantage of our brain plasticity-our ability to essentially reprogram the way we think by following the ideas presented in this forty-five-day program to change our behaviour. Using the latest psychological research, Dr. Lawlis takes us through the different types of 'stress storms' that commonly occur in our lives-from excessive worrying and depression to the problems that spring up in personal relationships or at work. For each of these, he shows how we can apply the principles of brain plasticity yo hard-wire new, healthier response patterns into the brain, reducing stress and increasing our overall happiness.
Featuring helpful, easy-to-perform exercises that can de done just about anywhere, THE STRESS ANSWER will show you how to-
· Use restorative breathing and exercise to calm the brain
· Visualise your way to better stress responses
· Choose specific foods to enhance brain function
· Build a support network to provide encouragement
· Use self-rewards to make your new behaviour permanent
Filled with inspiring success stories drawn from Dr. Lawlis's many years of clinical research, THE STRESS ANSWER gets to the heart of the problems that keep us from being our best selves, offering solutions that can be applied immediately and will last a lifetime. With THE STRESS ANSWER, you'll have the psychological tools you need to handle anything life throws your way.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -274) and index.
1. Maria's Story: From Victim to Dragonslayer -- 2. The Technology and Information Revolutions for Brain Revitalization -- 3. Brain Plasticity: The Key to Your Best Future -- 4. The Anxiety Patterns of Confusion and Fear -- 5. The Attention Deficit Stress Storm -- 6. The Obsessive Stress Storm -- 7. The Depressive Stress Storm -- 8. The Chronic Worry Stress Storm: The Silent Killer -- 9. Training Two Brains: Interpersonal Stress Storms -- 10. Gender Stress Storms: Special Edition -- 11. Recognizing Triggers and Resolving Stress Storms -- 12. Training Your Brain Past Aging Stress.
Maria's story: From victim to dragonslayer -- The technology and information revolutions or brain revitalization -- Brain plasticity: the key to your best future -- The anxiety patterns of confusion and fear -- The Attention Deficit stress storm -- The obsessive stress storm -- The depressive stress storm -- The chronic worry stress storm: the silent killer -- Training two brains: interpersonal stress storms -- Gender stress storms: special edition -- Recognizing triggers and resolving stress storms -- Training your brain past aging stress -- Exercises.
Rārangi Ihirangi nā Syndetics
- Acknowledgments (p. xi)
- Preface (p. xiii)
- 1 Maria's Story: From Victim to Dragonslayer (p. 1)
- 2 The Technology and Information Revolutions for Brain Revitalization (p. 10)
- 3 Brain Plasticity: The Key to Your Best Future (p. 28)
- 4 The Anxiety Patterns of Confusion and Fear (p. 47)
- 5 The Attention Deficit Stress Storm (p. 73)
- 6 The Obsessive Stress Storm (p. 95)
- 7 The Depressive Stress Storm (p. 117)
- 8 The Chronic Worry Stress Storm: The Silent Killer (p. 145)
- 9 Training Two Brains: Interpersonal Stress Storms (p. 168)
- 10 Gender Stress Storms: Special Edition (p. 192)
- 11 Recognizing Triggers and Resolving Stress Storms (p. 213)
- 12 Training Your Brain Past Aging Stress (p. 230)
- Exercises (p. 243)
- References (p. 271)
- Index (p. 275)